Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy's Day Chicken

June 20, 2010

The name of our very late dinner for tonight... "Daddy's Day Chicken."
Why? Because Daddy Eio invented this dish right after his mini concert at home. I know, he should be pampered today, but let me tell you my errr... excuse. *grin*

We had our late lunch around 2:30 -3:30 p.m., after attending Sunday mass, at Paulaner inXintiandi. Wanting to have a little exercise after a heavy lunch, we walked home from Xintiandi, bought milk tea with pearls along the way and reached home at about 4:30p.m.
As we got home, we decided to sing along with our magic sing.
Snowe massaged daddy's feet while I set up the machine (she said it's her gift to dad). Skye started selecting her favorites songs. Then, the magical voices filled the airs in parkville :-) the four of us take turns with the microphone, and i noticed that the line-up of songs are all for Daddy. It's his day so let him be.

At 7 p.m. I asked him if he's hungry and if so what does he want me to prepare for dinner. He said he's still full and we should have dinner later. Okay, I said, anyway the kids are not hungry yet. I just took out the chicken middle wings from the fridge to thaw.

When Eio got tired of singing he decided to cook the chicken. I don't exactly know the amount of the ingredients he put in but he said he boiled half-a-kilo of chicken first with water, fish sauce and a few cloves of crushed garlic, when the chicken is almost done he added some light soy sauce, a teaspoon of sugar and sprinkled ground pepper. There's also his trick of alternating a little cold water while frying the chicken in the final stage. The result was very delicious, the taste is something new to us. He asked me to take photos as he put the cooked dish on the dining table and teased me to post here :D




And we had the very late dinner at 10:30 pm.


No comments: